REVAMPING TO IMPROVE COOLING TOWER ACCESSIBILITY
To keep cooling towers in good condition, maintenance and revamping are essential. The first step is to regularly monitor and inspect certain elements of the tower. In order to monitor and inspect, it is essential to have good access to the gearbox and all the mechanical equipment. This access is something that can be designed from the beginning when the tower is conceived, or a posteriori, in an already assembled tower, through revamping.
This is an example of revamping on a 2-cell tower type RM6072 75 KW 3.6SPP.
To improve the accessibility of a tower already built and to facilitate entry for technical teams carrying out maintenance and inspection work.
To provide access doors and stairs for personnel to enter each cell to facilitate inspection and maintenance work:
- Mechanical equipment
- Water distribution system
- Drift eliminator
The towers are provided with a fixed structure with a platform and ladder from which to access the interior of the cell and inspect at 2 different levels:
- at the upper level, at the height of the diffuser and the mechanical equipment, and
- at the lower level, at the distribution system, filler and drift eliminator
- Possibility to inspect and monitor your cooling towers
- Convenient and safe access to the tower interior
- Safe circulation through the different height levels of the cooling tower
- Ease and safety of cleaning and maintenance work