It´s require a cooling equipment for an plant of energy production from forest biomass, located in Argentina. The cooling towers must maintain the cooling water temperature of the vapour turbo group with a flow of 3.330 m3/h. The cooling unids must work in continuous, 8.000 hours per year.
Electrically, the mode of operation of the vapour turbo group, is entering in parallel with the electrical production net that maintains the frequency. So it, is a duty to cool the condenser pumping water from the pool of the cooling towers. Also, it can condense water vapour proof of boiler proof up to half load of the boiler, with vapour turbogroup out of service to recover the treated water.
Different situations can cause the planned stoppage of vapour turbogenerator, so the axial fans that force the ascending air are speed variable and they are adjust according to the operational conditions, allowing to optimize the cooling towers behaviour, with the consequent energy saving.
The company in charge of the project, DOMINION, entrusts TORRAVAL with the design of a field erected cooling tower of four cells with induced draught and counter current flow, brewed in GRP treated against ultraviolet radiation.
- Partitions (separation walls) and windbreak included to ensure the correct individual functioning of each cell, avoiding recirculations and inhomogeneous air distributions when fans are notworking.
- The top cover is reinforced especially on areas where mechanical devices are located, for maintenance tasks.
- The structure made with pultruded profiles is pinned to the foundation by steel plates.
- The reducer has an anti-rotation system to prevent the movement in opposite direction than the fan, appropriate to avoid its rupture in startings with overexertion. Conical helical type, specially designed for cooling towers use, it is able to support humidity saturate air flow conditions in a high temperature when it leaves the cooling tower.
- The axial fans with high efficiency take a circumferential maximum speed of 60 meter per second, have vanes of low impulsion power and low noise emission level. Fan blades have an aerodynamic form, brewed in GRP.
Laminate fillers. This type of filler increases the contact between air and water, in that way it is produced the heat transference.
- Easy and safe maintenance
- Training for Operation personnel
- Strong and reliable equipment
- Tough to corrosion
- Access hatches for all components in each cell
- Operation and ability facility
- Efficient cooling system with measures of security in accesses and work platforms.