Open circuit cooling towers PU / RM / OC Series
Open circuit field-erected cooling towers
The PU / RM / OC series cooling towers are suggested for large size plants. The equipment is designed according to the characteristics of each project and all models are composed of modules and components pre-assembled in our factory. The PMM series design grants a quick and economical installation besides the possibility of adaption to existing structures.
- Axial motor-fan with gearbox reducer, low installed power, low noise levels. Motors with IP56 protection.
- FRP segment fan stack, designed to optimize fan performance, reducing energy consumption. Galvanized steel frame to support the entire fan group, the motor, the drive shaft and the gearbox.
High efficiency DRIFT ELIMINATORS certified by EUROVENT. They consist of PP sheets of three vacuum thermoformed folds and welded together to form panels that guarantee maximum drop separation efficiency of the air flow extracted by the fan.
- Water distribution system composed of PN 10 pipes and complete connectors with flanged connection.
- Fill pack (or heat exchange surface) consisting of PVC or PP sheets, vacuum thermoformed and welded together (air / water channels of different types suitable for cooling different types of water). The shape and size of the padding optimize the contact between air and water and, therefore, the heat transfer process.
- Lower support structure composed of galvanized steel profiles, designed to be installed in a concrete water tank.
- Air inlet louvers made of FRP, designed to fit the lower structure mentioned above.
- Load bearing structure in hot galvanized steel of high thickness (galvanization process according to UNI EN ISO 1461-99, thickness not less than 80 microns).
- Casing composed of 22 thick polyester resin sandwich panels. Reinforced with fiberglass with isophthalic resin for protection against UV rays.
- Spealing between the supporting structure and the panels is guaranteed by special bituminous sealing gasket.
- Perimeter frame with fill pack support in hot galvanized steel of high thickness (galvanization process accordance with UNI EN ISO 1461-99 standard, thickness not less than 80 microns). It is located and fixed to the base of the cooling tower body forming a sturdy structure.
Fan deck completely made of non-slip galvanized metal, in accordance with safety regulations.
Nuts and bolts in stainless steel AISI 304.
Axial fan system with transmission shaft.
All models are available in the following special versions:
- ATT: for high temperature water, with max peaks of 80°C
- N: for water containing low quantities of suspended solids
- N-ATT: for high temperature water (with max peaks of 80°C containing low quantities of suspended solids.
- GS: for water containing large quantities of suspended solid
- SILENT: different technical solutions to reduce noise
Request further information
Service and customer care
for cooling equipments
Cleaning and desinfectation
Security in access
Revamping & Retrofitting
the original design performance of the refrigeration equipment.