Refrigeration in the metal slag recovery industry
Adapting a cooling tower design in a light metal treatment industry in Vizcaya, which works principally in valuation of metallic residues.
Design, manufacture and installation of the slag circuit cooling system.
Chemicals substances dissolved in water cause precipitation of salts, as well as the amount of suspended matter, are the main challenge to get an effective cooling system over time.
The cooling tower must have materials especially resistant to chemicals and erosion. On the other hand, the water distribution system and fill packs should especially favor the circulation of water loaded with suspended matter, avoiding clog the cooling circuit. Finally, it should allow easy access to internal components for cleaning and maintenance.
Internal reinforcements and extreme pH resins
Wide access doors
Open distribution channels
GS special drip filler.
- It has beenselected a cooling tower with a fully adapteddesignto specific needs.
- The cooling unit has a structure in GRP with special resins for water with pH 13.
- Case specially reinforced to bear the loads produced by solid deposits.
- Water distribution system with open channels to facilitate inspection, cleaning and maintenance.
- Easy access with 4 large doors, completely removable to reach all internal parts of the cooling tower.
- A special splash fill pack type GS with widewater passage has been selected, with easy cleaning and disassembly. In addition, it has high mechanical resistance to support the weight of accumulated solids and pressure cleaning
- Efficient and sustained cooling maintained for longer time.
- Flexibility in different conditions of use.
- Long equipment life.
- Obstruction breakdowns reduction.
- Ease of access for maintenance and cleaning.