A plastics processing plant in Lecco (Italy) has chosen the PAD-V adiabatic refrigeration system for the refrigeration circuit. This environmentally sustainable cooling system offers the benefit of minimizing water and energy consumption, without loss of efficiency.
Ecological processing thanks to adiabatic cooling
The company, supplied with the PAD-V
system by the MITA Group, manufactures plastic pots with customers worldwide, working closely with the leading contemporary design brands.
One of the main values of the brand is environmental sustainability: “The raw materials we use are 100% free of heavy metals, which prevents damage to the environment.”
The molding equipment used in the plant are of the latest generation. This has been taken into account to reduce CO2 emissions, as in the choice of the process cooling system.
Most efficiency with minimal environmental impact.
The cooling system had to adapt to strict local legislation on the consumption of natural resources.
Adiabatic cooling: less consumption without compromising efficiency
Adiabatic systems use the air cooling action only during autumn and winter. In this way, the cold outside air arrives the circuit’s battery, which contains the liquid to cool. The outside air is only cooled adiabatically using a minimum amount of water during spring and summer, before carrying it to the batteries.
So, half of the year we don’t have water consumption or maintenance actions.
BENEFITS FOR THE CUSTOMER
The PAD-V adiabatic cooler is designed to achieve the following advantages:
- – Additional savings in water consumption, thanks to the flocked PVC humidifier package
- – Short wetting cycles even during the hottest periods of the year (approximately 15 seconds every half hour)
- – PVC gratings protect the adiabatic section from sunlight and pollution.
- – Automatic management of all operating parameters by the PLC
- – You do not need water treatment
- – Easy inspection of internal components.