TECNOFRÍO’20, the congress about Refrigeration Technologies has started yesterday 30th of September. The event organized by the community of Madrid, ATECYR and the Energy Foundation, in this fifth edition is going to analyze the actual situation with the normative and technological changes that affect the sector of refrigeration installations link to industrial refrigeration and industrial processes. Besides, it will be design the evolution of the sector for next years.
This edition will take place in digital format and it will be form by four plenary sessions focus on:
- The potential in energetic savings in industrial cooling sector.
- Renewable energy in cooling systems
The situation created by the pandemic is translate in model changes in all sectors, including industrial refrigeration. In Tecnofrio´20 are analyze these factors, by the essentiality of cold and as a structural change based in the respect of the environment.
Industrial Refrigeration: formed by professionals
In the inauguration session, The Economy, Job and Competitiveness counselor, Manuel Giménez affirms that the Community of Madrid is strengthen by the incorporation of courses, the formation related to cold technologies and air conditioning, with the purpose of attending the demand of professionals that are required by the industrial cooling sector.
Madrid counts with the Formation Center in Cold and Air conditioning technologies of Moratalaz. The percentage of employability of students is close to 70%, with specialties like buildings energetic efficiency or cooling installations, fitter with nearly 90%. Also, it highlights the strategic importance of cold sector, that in only the Community of Madrid it groups more than 725 companies with more of 5000 cooling installations, and that it has been « vital in these months of sanitary crisis, for guarantee the food, vaccine and other sanitary and pharmaceutical products conservation.»
The energetic restoration of buildings will be fundamental
The first talk has been carried out by Jacobo Llerena Iglesias, General Deputy Director of Ministry Energetic Efficiency for Ecological transition and Demographic challenge, who has spoken about measures of economical reactivation for industrial refrigeration sector where he underlines that “Energetic Restoration in buildings will be fundamental”
In the first plenary session, Cold and Society, Ramón Cabello, part of the ATECYR Technical Committee and responsable of the investigation Group in Thermal engineering and professor of Castellon de la Plana Jaime I University, affirm that industrial cooling sector is an essential part of the solution for climate change, consequently we will see a revolution without precedents in industrial cooling sector, thanks to the technological progresses. Furthermore, he has analyzed the evolution that industrial cooling would carry out to ensure the food supply chain for the 10.000 million people globally predicted in 2050
The second session has been centered in `The challenge of refrigeration in front of renewable energies, energetic efficiency and the heat pump´. In the presentation it had been analyzed the pandemic effects in industrial cooling sector and the structural changes that are going to be develop in environmental framework, energetic efficiency and the implementation of renewable energy as a change tool
Second conference day
Today, 1st of October starts the second conference day with the third session dedicated to logistics and refrigerator transport.
Later the round table will face inside industrial refrigeration, the food conservation sector (frozen products) just as much as pharmaceutical products.
The fourth and final session will be centered in «refrigerants and new offered techniques. Solutions due to sectors and use. ».
Tecnofrío 2020 subject
The sessions will be about the next themes:
THE EVOLUTION AND TENDENCIES OF REFRIGERANTS
- The Spanish and European legislation. Spain against Europe
- Cases of success in installations refrigeration replacement
- Environment and leaks detection
- Technology adaptation to new refrigerants
COMERCIAL REFRIGERATION ACCORDING TO USE
- Refrigeration solutions for small businesses. Indoor markets
- Solutions in refrigeration for large surfaces
- Refrigerator storage and developments
- Commercial refrigeration installations control
MACHINERY AND SOLUTIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL COOLING
- Refrigeration in large facilities, chambers and logistic centres
- Freezing tunnel
- Approved refrigeration transport
ENERGETIC EFFICIENCY OF REFRIGERATION INSTALLATIONS
- Efficient and notarized installations. By whom?
- Best available techniques for refrigeration installations
- Measuring, energetic audits and process systems in refrigeration installations
- Adaptation of the technology to efficiency
FOOD AND MEDICINE PRESERVATION PROCESSES. ASSURANCE OF COLD CHAIN
- Measuring, register and conditions control
- Food preservation systems
- Medications conservation systems
- Food preservation protocols
INDUSTRIA 4.0 IN REFRIGERATION
- Where are we? Take and details management and how are treat the details
- Where we go? Intelligent installations and details and results treatment
- Cyber security
COLD AND SOCIETY
- Environmental awareness in cooling sector
- Sustainable solutions
- Cold chain assurance
- Professionals and qualified companies role
- New generations and leaders
1th October 2020