COOLING SYSTEM UPGRADE
1. A LOYAL CUSTOMER
Adisseo is a leading manufacturer group of nutritional solutions for animal feed. With a high turnover, customers worldwide, 18 plants, and 10 Research Centres, it offers healthy, sustainable, affordable, and quality feed.
Naturally, the cooling needs of such a customer change over time and demand review over the years.
Adisseo España in Burgos has been relying on Torraval as a consultant for its cooling processes since the 90s. As a loyal customer, Adisseo relies on its consultant to improve the performance of the production process at its plant in Burgos. The company already had cooling towers mounted in the field to cool, and its evolution and growth required a new consultation to provide current solutions.
2. THE CHALLENGE
To design a cooling system meeting safety, environmental sustainability and, energy efficiency high standards required by the company’s quality policy, which is very aware of the sustainable use of resources and production processes that are part of the so-called clean industry.
3. THE SOLUTION
As in all consultancy projects undertaken by Torraval Cooling, the data provided by the client are vital in the design of the project. This choice depends fundamentally on
– The main parameters imposed by the client’s process,
– their needs, expectations and, particularities.
– and on Torraval’s selection criteria as a consultant.
It is verified that the right option was still the one previously chosen for the existing cell, installed years before by Torraval, and manufactured with HDGS metal structure. Two cells were added next to the first one, with a capacity of 1,220 m3/h with a thermal jump of 10ºC between them.
The key was building and fitting 2 two new cells to the existing installation, which reverted in increased cooling capacity and performance without disrupting Adisseo’s production process. During installation and execution were vital:
1. The definition of the new blade angle and its adjustment on site.
2. Setting the existing side cladding to be considered as a partition wall.
3. Relocating the railing area in one of the new cells and redesigning the perimeter railing to cover all 3 cells.
4. Connection of the existing cell roof to the new cells.
4. BENEFITS FOR THE CLIENT
The benefits according to their expectations have been:
1. To increase the cooling capacity required by their production process, gaining in energy efficiency and performance.
2. Maintain an adequate investment cost.
3. To guarantee the maximum level of safety.